- USAU waiver before you can play.
- You must also pay your registration fee before or shortly after the season starts, or you will be barred from future games and will not receive a shirt and disc.
- You can register for the next season here.
- Please treat your fellow players with courtesy and respect. As with all ultimate organizations we believe in SPIRIT OF THE GAME. Please adhere to the spirit rules.
- We have players of different skill levels and backgrounds. Help newer players when they have questions, and don’t be afraid to ask older players for advice!
- Turf Shoes or sneakers must be worn in place of cleats on the Riverside field at 72nd st.
No Foot Blocks
- Blocking a throw with your foot after an obvious attempt to do so when on the mark is now considered a foul. If called, the disc will be returned to the thrower and a new stall count should be initiated. If you attempt a foot block when the thrower is faking, this is also a foul as the intention is a banned play. If you foot block a disc when not on the mark (three meters or more away), such as when you are an off-point in the cup, this is not a foul. The interest is increased player safety. Discouraging foot blocks by making them a foul is meant to prevent injuries like we’ve seen in the past.
- We follow standard 11th edition ultimate rules.
- Games will be played to hard to fifteen (tournament rules may affect this, and captains may decide to play win by two, hard to 17.), unless otherwise stated by the league.
- We play a 5/2 gender ratio (though captains may agree to 4/3). In situations where attendance affects the ratio, we play “offense dictates” (the team that starts the point on offense chooses the gender ratio for that point).
- See the following chart for situations in which Team A has fewer than 2 women:
||This is the only situation in which 7 men can play at once.
||1 or 2
||6/1 or 5/2
||Offense dictates; Team A may only play 6/0 on offense if Team B has 6 men or more. If Team B has 5 or fewer men, Team A must play 5/0. Team A must match on defense.
||Team A plays 5/0.
||Either team can play 6/0 to give their woman a rest, but the other team does not have to match.
||6/1 or 5/1
||2 or 3
||6/1 or 5/2
||Offense dictates; Team A may only play 6/1 on offense if Team B has 6 men or more. Team A must match on defense.
||Team A may only choose to play 5/1 or 5/0 on offense.
Point Assessment Rules
We encourage everyone to show up on time for games and we understand that it is frustrating for people to show up on time only to not have an opponent. In cases such as this, MUD follows the following point assessment rules:
- One point to the team that has a minimum line in their endzone 5 minutes after the scheduled start time for the game.
- A second point to the team that has a minimum line in their endzone 10 minutes after the scheduled start time for the game.
- A third point to the team that has a minimum line in their endzone 15 minutes after the scheduled start time for the game.
- A forfeit win to the team that has a minimum line in their endzone 20 minutes after the scheduled start time for the game.
Teams will be ranked for playoffs or tournaments according to the following.
- Win percentage
- Head-to-head record
- Point differential
- Fewest forefeits
- Result of most recent matchup
See All News
Coming to Sm16 Finals?
Goodness, miss me? What’s The Latest these days? It’s not that we’ve got three new captains this season, none wi...
Rookies Lead the Way
This season brought us three new captains and they all dominated. Of course, we’re talking about KitKat’s Kevin Hs...
Kelsey Brooks, 100 well-deserved
Kelsey has been at this for 15 consecutive seasons now, and that’s the current longest streak for women in this leag...
Alex Becker waits for 100
New 100 Club Member Alex Becker was first ballot in everyone’s mind this season. He began the season with 98 wins an...
John Kim is good for 200
The last time a face was on a disc it was John Kim’s handsome mug. On July 10th those discs doubled in value when Jo...